They are something quite different and are more accurately described as "dental assistance" plans. As such, dental coverage is designed to defray only part of the cost of dental care and frequently does not cover every dollar of treatment charges even if they are defined as "covered" under the plan.
Instead, most dental plans comprise three parts:
1. Routine or Preventative Care (exams, cleanings, x-rays and sealants) which is often covered from 80-100%.
2. Basic Services (fillings, root canals and extractions) which are generally covered 50-80%.
3. Major Services (gold fillings, inlays and crowns) which are generally covered from 25-50%.
Many dental plans also offer an orthodontia benefit that covers part of the cost for braces for children under the age of 19. Most plans do not cover the cost of adult orthodontia. If orthodontia coverage is offered, the standard is 50% coverage to a lifetime maximum benefit of $1,000.
We accept most insurances, including but not limited to:
- Accordia National
- Aetna Insurance PPO (Participating Provider)
- Ameritas Life
- Anthem Insurance (Participating Provider)
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Central Benefits
- Cigna Healthcare
- Core Source
- Delta Dental (Participating Provider)
- Fortis Benefits
- Guardian Insurance (Participating Provider)
- Medical Mutual of Ohio
- Principal (Participating Provider)
- Prudential HealthCare
- United Concordia (Participating Provider)
Please call us at (614) 443-3400 for a complete list.
**We now also offer convenient, no-interest and low-interest payment plans through Care Credit! Not only is the application process a snap, you can use Care Credit at ANY medical facility that accepts Care Credit. Call today for more details, or simply apply now!**